Re: Fix localedata/locales/sr_YU int_curr_symbol

Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:

> Ok in sr_YU case then, but does Sudan use a Pound or Dinar and
> does Ecuador use USD or Sucre?

I think GOTO Masanori was only requesting a change for the sr_YU
locale - if this is undebated (now), I think it should be implemented.

> E.g. using USD as Ecuador currency if they are using Sucre ATM (I
> don't know) just because the standard has not been updated to take
> into account that change doesn't look right to me...

The CIA World Fact Book 2001 reports USD as the currency of Ecuador,
with a Note:

# on 7 January 2000, the government passed a decree "dollarizing" the
# economy; on 13 March 2000, the National Congress approved a new
# exchange system whereby the US dollar is adopted as the main legal
# tender in Ecuador for all purposes; on 20 March 2000, the Central
# Bank of Ecuador started to exchange sucres for US dollars at a fixed
# rate of 25,000 sucres per US dollar; since 30 April 2000, all
# transactions are denominated in US dollars

So if you have still sucres, there are not worth anything anymore :-)
Also, if you have sucres in your database, it is your database which
is outdated, not the one in the standard.

Again according to the CIA World Fact Book, Sudan uses Sudanese Dinar
(SDD).

I don't know what the M in YUM stands for, but it might be
"Montenegro" - even though Montenegro also accepts the Euro as legal
tender.

Regards,
Martin