Re: glibc-2-2-branch and ppc64

Ulrich,
    Looking at glibc-2-2-branch with the web-cvs I see
a new sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32 directory with empty elf
and fpu subdirs in it. I also see that libgcc-compat.S has
been moved into the Attic. However unlike libgcc-compat.c,
the libgcc-compat.S in the Attic shows no changelog entry
for being moved and/or replaced. My guess is someone
accidentally applied one of Steve Munroe's patches, that
created the powerpc32 directory and moved files, to
glibc-2-2-branch. It is puzzling that it moved libgcc-compat.S
into the Attic instead of powerpc32 though. I didn't look
that carefully at all the patches Steve proposed for
the transition so I don't know which one could have done
this.
                       Jack
Jack W. Howarth, Ph.D.                                    231 Albert Sabin Way
NMR Facility Director                              Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0524
Dept. of Molecular Genetics                              phone: (513) 558-4420
Univ. of Cincinnati College of Medicine                    fax: (513) 558-8474