Re: pthread_attr_setstacksize limitation

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:43:10PM -0600, Vincent Cassi wrote:
> > I have been out for a while, that's why I haven't sent you this email before.
> >
> > Thanks for all your help. I'm not anymore limited to 2MB of thread stack
> > sizes.
> >
> > Now my limitation is 8MB (which is definitely better!) and I'm wondering if
> > there is a way to have a bigger one?
>
> Certainly. Either ulimit -s 32768 etc. before running the application, or
> setrlimit () before it actually creates any threads. That sets the maximum
> stack size, individual threads can have smaller stacks, see pthread_attr_*.
>
>         Jakub

Jakub,

Again, thank you very much, that works great.

I installed glibc 2.2.5 on another server,so everybody can work with the same
library.
As the path /lib/ld-linux.so.2 is hardcoded in every glibc2 (ref: FAQ about the
GNU C Lirary 3.18) I have a hard time to build and run some program:
#vi <my_program>
# set LD_LIBRARY_PATH <library path>
# <library path>/ld-linux.so.2  <bin_path>/make
#<library path>/ld-linux.so.2   ./<my_program>
# unsetenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

What is the reason that the path is hardcoded ?
Is there any thing I can do to make it easier to use the new glibc ?

Thanks for these information,
Vincent