Re: errno assignment problems (was Re: ECANCELED, errlist.c (was Re: FreeBSD port (11): a new errno))

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 03:57:55AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>
> > Get in touch with kernel folks and #define ECANCELED in asm-generic/errno.h.
>
> I already asked Ingo to get ECANCELED added to the kernel.
>
> What I don't understand is your "stop asm/errno.h" argument.  We must
> have the same numbers.

If kernel adds one day a new errno value, glibc will suddenly stop building
(before Roland's changes it would mean sys_errlist would suddenly grow
breaking binary compatibility).
If glibc has its own values, then we can decide any time we want to update
the list and add new symbol version for it.

	Jakub