Re: How do I install different header files based on --enable-kernel?

> Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:55:13 -0700
> From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

> On mips, ll/sc is implemented in the kernel. I'd like to install
> different header files based on --enable-kernel=version. Is there
> a way to do that?

I'm sure that you're doing the wrong thing here.  --enable-kernel
should only change the libc binary, not the header files installed.
For user apps, it's better to key off some CPP definition, because
that way you can compile an app to run across a bunch of machines with
different kernel versions and custom-tuned libcs, even on the machine
with the latest kernel version.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>