Re: [Dri-devel] Re: OpenGL and the LinuxThreads pthread_descr structure

I'm putting the finishing touches on some example asm code that might be
generated at runtime by an OpenGL driver, to go with a sample dispatch
layer, that exercises some of the issues we've been discussing over the
past week.  As it's 6:20am, I might go home and sleep first though ;-)

Thanks to Jakub for clearing up the __thread and -fPIC issue yesterday.
 From memory, this leaves one unaddressed issue:

     - Has the issue with LDT allocation in the kernel, as described by
       Ulrich Drepper here:

	http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2002-02/msg00131.html

       been addressed?  If so, what release(s) of the kernel work
       reliably with __thread?

Also, let's make sure we have a clear understanding about __thread
variables and dlopenable libraries.  If I declare a __thread variable in
one dlopenable library (libGL.so) and reference it in another dlopenable
library (driver.so), is that always a function call per reference (i.e.,
the General Dynamic access model)?

Thanks again!

-- Gareth