Re: OpenGL and the LinuxThreads pthread_descr structure

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've been offline since late
last week moving into a new building at work.

I've been working on some sample code that clearly demonstrates the
issues we (as in vendors of OpenGL on Linux) face.  I'm hoping to have
that wrapped up this afternoon and will send it out when it's complete.

In the mean time, a few questions:

   - Does __thread require -fPIC?  From my initial reading of the PDF
     document on your website, I was under the impression that this was
     the case.

   - Has the issue with LDT allocation in the kernel, as described by
     you here:

	http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2002-02/msg00131.html

     been addressed?  If so, what release(s) of the kernel work with
     __thread?

Thanks!

-- Gareth