Re: [Dri-devel] OpenGL and the LinuxThreads pthread_descr structure

Ian Romanick <idr@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Please forgive my lack of understanding of the relevent issues.  It seems to
> me that this issue (or a closely related issue) has been brought up in the
> past, and was brutally slain by Linus.  Admittedly, a lot has changed in the
> Linux world in 2+ years, but could someone explain how this proposal relates
> to this earlier request:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu/1999-month-12/msg02616.html

 This is talking about tread private storage, where you have multiple
threads that "share" memory apart from a special bit that can only be
accessed from each thread (so then it isn't really threads it's
processes with massive amounts of shared memory).

 The current discussion is about thread local memory, Ie. part of the
overall shared memory that is (excluding bugs) only accessed from the

# James Antill -- james@and.org
:0: