RFC: Posix Realtime

Hi All,

  As of late I've been taking a greater interest in some of the Realtime
POSIX options as defined in the 1003.1-2001 (well can drop the 2001
since it's no longer a draft) POSIX spec.

  There are several options from the POSIX Realtime API that missing
from glibc (and likely need kernel work too). Are there any opinions one
way or another as far as is it a good thing to do the work required so
linux supports it? I'd be interested in who else out there is interested
in this?

  I could go into depth as far as the options (and will in another post)
but for now I'm just "trolling" for general interest and advise that
folks might have.

  Thanks!

  Tom
--
Tom Gall - [embedded] [PPC64 | PPC32] Code Monkey
Peace, Love &                  "Where's the ka-boom? There was