Re: [wiget@pld.org.pl] libc/3237: symbol __udivdi3, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 01:01:40AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 13:43, Franz Sirl wrote:
>
> > So, in case Uli agrees, what do I have to do to make it work?
>
> I don't like it at all.

I don't like it either.

>  Just because some people cannot build DSOs we
> have to carry the libgcc stuff around?

Most of this came from before binutils even supported .hidden symbols.

>  How large is the damage?  If it
> cannot be avoided I guess I cannot object adding all the libgcc stuff.

I think each of the problematic platforms should analyze
what libgcc symbols shared libraries are reexporting, then can we have
exact numbers on how much would it grow glibc (subtracting routines
used internally by glibc but not reexported).
I'll do this for IA-64, Franz, could you do this for PPC?
I don't think it will be much, as those routines are usually small
and most of them are used by glibc already.

	Jakub