Re: Help me to understand the POSIX timers

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> george anzinger <george@mvista.com> writes:
>
> > I think I have a charter to do just that, but first I need to know what
> > they do now.  Where, for example, is the thread code.  I tried to get
> > TAGS to find it but it fails.
>
> linuxthreads/sysdeps/posix/timer_*

The timer_* seems to be in linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/*  but
timer_settime calls __timer_thread_wakeup() which I can not find.

> The current code is really nothing you should even look at if you are
> doing a kernel implementation.  Read the standard, it contains all you
> have to know.

I have the kernel patch but I have yet to worry about process or thread
timers.  I am trying to explore if it might be wise to put these in user
land.  I hesitate to drop support for them since they are already, at
least conditionally, present in glibc.  On the other hand, I haven't
check to see if _POSIX_CPUTIME and/or _POSIX_THREAD_CPUTIME are defind.

On a related issue, do you know if there are man pages for clocks &
timers?

--
George           george@mvista.com
Real time sched: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtsched/