LinuxThreads manager implementation question

The biggest performance killer in GDB's thread debugging via
linuxthreads_db is how frequently it stops and restarts all threads.
While it will take some putzing around in GDB to accomplish, I can make
it stop only the manager thread.  Is this safe, if the only thing we do
while the thread is stopped is to look at the thread data structures
via thread_db?   That is, can any of that be changed by something
besides the manager thread?

My impression is that we'll only hit the thread event breakpoints in
the manager thread itself, and that while it is stopped none of those
data structures will change.