rpcgen questions

Folks

Finally I seem to have found the right place
to ask these 2 questions...pardon me if these
have been answered before...I did search the
archives found some answers but not all...

    linux: redhat 7.1
    glibc: 2.2.3 or 2.2.5

    1.
rpcgen that ships with redhat Linux 7.1
(2.4.2)distibution has rpcgen that DOES NOT support
multiple arguments on the -N option.
However, solaris 2.8 has a version of RPC/rpcgen that
supports multiple arguments (-N option).

can anyone confirm if the redhat 7.1+ linux with
glibc(glibc 2.2.3 or 2.2.5) rpc package has also been
upgraded to have the same new version of rpcgen that
is in solaris 2.8 ?  AFAIK, redhat 7.1 with glibc has
the older version of rpcgen packaged...if thats not
true please advice.

    2.
rpcgen -M option is for "generate MT-safe code". Does
the same(or newer) redhat version with rpc
distribution support thread-safe code? are they POSIX
threads? Any pointers to the effectiveness of this
option will be great.

   3.
Any pointers to a good guide (apart from RPC Power
programming Guide)or example code that can bring a
newbee upto speed.

Thanks in advance
-mvenkat_ml@yahoo.com