Re: [libc-alpha] Re: Wish for 2002 ...

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 02:34:09PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> Emulating system calls isn't that if you have a good designed system

I mean "isn't that difficult if". Sorry for the mistake.

> like the Hurd. I give you a big chance of being able to emulate BSD if
> you want to. You can even emulate it on system call level if I'm
> right (at least that's what I've read somewhere, but I don't remember
> the details, some Hurd hackers on this list could probably tell you
> more if you're interested). But it's not worth the trouble, a
> recompile against a compatible glibc is much easier.

I'm not sure I'm right here, as I'm talking about things I haven't
studied yet. If you're interested in binary compatibility I can give
you some papers, but this is offtopic on this list. Recompiling
against a compatible libc is just the Right Way if you want to support
BSD apps.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org