Re: [libc-alpha] linuxthreads bug in 2.2.4 under ppc linux

Hi Jack,

I do not have a problem with using -O2 (especially since linuxthreads
seems to be the only piece that needs O2 versus O3).

I was just testing what Franz posted because I wanted to upgrade to use
the combreloc and because Dan Burcaw wanted to see if we could easily
upgrade YDL 2.X (I am using YDL 2.X) without breaking anything.

That was I could release OOo under glibc-2.2.4 and it would work on an
upgraded YDL 2.X, Suse PPC 7.3, Debian Sid as is.  I think Mandrake 8.1 is
using 2.2.3 but I am not sure.

I am still trying to narrow it down.  I am not sure pthread_alt_unlock
should not have p_node as volatile since the contents of the value could
change by another thread under them at any time.

Kevin