Re: Allowing multiple threads packages, a new threads package

minyard@acm.org writes:

> Thanks for the reply.  I'll do as you describe, although the patch is
> over 1100 lines long, I hope that's ok.

Far too much.

There is absolutely no reason to introduce these __libcThr names.  The
names we use now are fine and don't have to be changed.  Adding yet
more names means adding runtime overhead due to name lookup,
relocations etc.

Also, replacing initialized mutexes with uninitialized plus explicit
initialization is completely unacceptable.  No way this gets in.

Also, these opaque struct definitions look very suspicious.  I'm not
sure this won't create compatibility problems and there is no reason
at all to make the structures bigger than necessary for any one
implementation.

In short, a change to this thread library integration mustn't change
the code generated when using linuxthreads (or cthreads for Hurd).

In any case, this is no material for glibc 2.2.x.