glibc-2.2.4pre1 results

Hi.

Here's my system info:

i586-pc-linux-gnu
gcc-2.95.4 (cvs)
binutils-2.11.90.0.24
linux-2.4.7-ac2

I've been building glibc via cvs, and I've seen only one problem
that I haven't seen anyone mention on the mailing lists. On my system,
the ex17 test fails during `make check'.

I can execute the same command from the command line, though, and it
will fail on the first run, and execute correctly on all the following
invocations ...

$ [ ... the command as copied from the `make check' run ... ]
pthread_getattr_np failed: No such process
$ [ ... same command ... ]
$ [ ... same command again ... ]

Here's the command (slightly modified for mailing purposes)

GCONV_PATH=/opt/build/glibc-cvs/iconvdata LC_ALL=C \
	/opt/build/glibc-cvs/elf/ld-linux.so.2 \
	--library-path /opt/build/glibc-cvs:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/math:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/elf:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/dlfcn:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/nss:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/nis:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/rt:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/resolv:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/crypt:/opt/build/glibc-cvs/linuxthreads \
	/opt/build/glibc-cvs/linuxthreads/ex17

Over the last month or two while building via CVS, this test has
failed during `make check' nearly every time, but sometimes
it _does_ run without error! I've not been able to track it down
unfortunately. As I've not seen this in the mailing list, it
has been my assumption that there is a problem on my machine.

All the other tests in the test suite seem to work fine.

My thanks to everyone working on GNU libc.
--

Art Haas