Re: Problem with stack size in pthreads

Kaz Kylheku <kaz@ashi.footprints.net> writes:

> An alternative is to declare that the caller is the initial thread
> if it cannot be proven that it isn't. [...]

No, I don't think this is good either.  The bottom line is that once a
thread's stack is not in the boundaries we expect the fundamental
assumptions of the thread library are violated and all odds are off.
I'd be better to crash right away.

If there is a problem with the stack limits not being honored *this*
is the problem to fix.  Everything else is curing the symptoms.