Alternative math libraries

Here are two versions of Sun's fdlibm library that can be compiled on
an x86 PC computer.  I do not know what would happen if one tries to
build the glibc version of fdlibm on a PC.  The code that Sun made
public functions just with Sun's pre-ANSI compiler on a Sun sparcstation
and it has taken a lot of work by Drepper and others to produce versions
for different computers and compilers.

Newlib (http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/)
This fdlibm version is the one used by Cygwin for Microsoft Windows.
I was able to build it for a pc-linux box without much trouble.

DJGPP (http://www.delorie.com/)
This fdlibm was derived from the Newlib version, I believe.
It comes with Delorie's self-contained development system for MS-DOS.
I do not know how hard it would be to build it for linux.  I do know
that it was subjected to some math tests several years ago.