Re: [Andreas Steinmetz <ast@domdv.de>] atexit() segfault in 2.2.3 and more

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 08:35:42PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Hi Glibc developers,
>
> The appended mail describes the following problems with 2.2.3
>
> - atexit (should be fixed with GCC patch from Jakub)
> - rebuild of ypserf (no idea)

I believe all rpc related problems are just one thing for which H.J. posted
a patch and I posted a different patch recently.
Rebuilding the programs using sunrpc's svc_fdset etc. variables against
glibc 2.2.3 helps, because then the program no longer uses svc_fdset etc.,
but __rpc_thread_svc_fdset() and the like functions instead.

> - make install problem

I believe the answer for this issue is: if you are installing glibc onto a
live root filesystem, one cannot safely use make install, instead one should
use some package management tool which takes care of all this (rpm, dpkg,
...), that's what package mgmt tools are for. The other option is of course
statically linked make (and perhaps a bunch of other programs as needed), or
build make without -lrt -lpthread.

	Jakub