Re: shared lib problem with atexit

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 08:54:40AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > That is probably true. However, it does break DSOs compiled against
> > glibc 2.0.x.
>
> This binary is definitely not linked against glibc 2.0.  I don't care
> about non-existing problems.  There is so far no reported problem with
> glibc 2.0 binaries so why care?

How long has glibc 2.2.3 been released? I doubt it has been in the
wide use. Why can't we provide a solution for a possible problem
instead of letting people say glibc 2.2.3 breaks their DSOs compiled
against glibc 2.0? We know there is a problem and we can find a
workaround. It is a shame not to prepare for it even if it may not
be necessary.

BTW, the threaded RPC change in glibc 2.2.3 breaks some non-threaded
RPC applications. I have provided a patch for it.

H.J.