Re: Synch with 2.4.4

Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> writes:

> But if I understand you correctly, a partial solution is
> preferred to nothing by libc maintainers.  Perhaps it's ok to
> assume a patched 2.4.3 as a minimum, until a 2.4.5 (with full
> CRIS corrections) is released?  I see that for example
> ftruncate64 is mis-assumed to not be present.

Since Uli wrote in the NEWS file:
* Port to Linux/CRIS contributed by Axis Communications.

I expected it to be working - but since it's not (like the parisc
port), there's no problem.  Adding at least some documentation would
be fine nevertheless.

IMO wait until the kernel part is correctly working - or send a
partial patch for those parts that do work correctly, like
ftruncate64, and send the rest later.

I just looked over the weekend and 2.4.4 and noticed that it's not
updated for CRIS and wanted to inform you in case that you missed it.
I'm not here to defend - or introduce - any policy regarding
kernel-features.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger