Re: pthread_sigqueue{_np} ??

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Bharadwaj Yadavalli wrote:

> 	From : Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
> 	Date : Thu Feb  8 13:01:31 2001
>
>         No.  Since you can easily implement it yourself there
>         is no need to introduce more incompatible functionality.
>
> I would like to queue a (RT) signal to a thread by TID.

Why do you want to do this?  If your program is getting asynchronous
signals from some outside source, they have to address the process as a
whole (and in LinuxThreads will presumably go to your initial thread,
since it has the PID by which outside programs know your process) and you
can handle them from there with the pthread synch calls (by setting a flag
in the handler).  I don't know of any reason to explicitly use signals for
intra-process communication between threads, I believe the pthread calls
provide everything you can get from queued RT signals?

Britton