Re: IBM and glibc locales

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> I noticed that glibc is missing the following locales:
> - ar_IN
> - bn_IN

Should be fine.

> - da_DK@euro

Why?  Denmark is not introducing the Euro.  Or did this change?

> - el_GR@euro

Is Greece?

> - en_GB@euro

Definitely not the UK.

> - en_HK
> - en_IN
> - en_PH
> - en_SG
> - fa_IN

Hum, maybe.  Although I wonder whether Farsi is really spoken in India.

> - kok_IN

No valid language code.

> - ms_MY

OK.

> - nb_NO

This is the same as no_NO.  Should be handled by locale.alias.

> - sh_YU

I don't know sh as a code, probably incorrect.

What is @al supposed to mean?

> - ta_IN
> - te_IN
> - zh_SG

OK.

> What's the legal status?  Can we just take those locales and integrate
> them into glibc?

Should be clear.

> Are we interested in all of them?

Yes, I'd say.  But don't add any of the LC_CTYPE or LC_COLLATE data
(if there is any).  This data is mostly wrong.  Use the standard data
we use almost everywhere.