Re: [rfc] rint() rounds to even

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> At any rate, the GNU documentation should be easier to understand than the
> specification is--reading the manual is not supposed to be a test of
> personal pedanticism prowess.

This is not the reason and I don't agree with this claim.  Leaving
things which the standard declares unspecified as such and not
document the current behavior allows to change the implementation if
this is wanted in future.  And it is also less helpful for
cross-platform development to specify the current implementations
behavior since this could and would be interpreted as the general
truth.