Re: [rfc] rint() rounds to even

> Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Then the fact that it is unspecified / undefined should be documented.
>
> Everything which is not explicitly specified is by definition
> unspecified.

Ahoy, Captain Obvious!  The specifications have many explicitly statements
that certain things are unspecified, to avoid any ambiguity in what might
be taken to implied by other parts of the specification.  As you know,
there is a lot of interpretation of interlocking specifications required to
figure out what is "explicitly specified".

At any rate, the GNU documentation should be easier to understand than the
specification is--reading the manual is not supposed to be a test of
personal pedanticism prowess.

It never hurts to add some clarifications to the manual.  Contributors
should be aware that there is noone whose time is allocated to doing such
things, however.  So I'm sure Neil would like to be maximally helpful by
offering a patch to the manual that adds the clarification he would like to
see.