Re: glibc cvs breaks JDK Mozilla plugin

Kevin,
        You were right. Creating a directory
/usr/local/j2sdk1.3/jre/lib/ppc/client
eliminates the reset of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH when one of first path is
non-existant. Now mozilla launches fine with the JDK java plugin in place.
What still bothers me is why the search for libpthread.so doesn't fail as well.
Do you think the path is cleaned up only after the libpthread.so search is
completed (successfully in this case) so the first search is uneffected. Well
at least we have defined the problem.
         So we ought to be able to test case this by having two shared libs to
be loaded by a test program with a path that includes a non-existant directory.
If it senses the bug correctly the first lib should load and the second should
fail because the path gets reset.
                                         Jack