Re: glibc cvs breaks JDK Mozilla plugin

Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> writes:

>     I have confirmed that a change made sometime after Oct 23rd (I will
> try some of my snapshot srpms tomorrow to try to pinpoint the date of
> breakage better) causes the JDK Java plugin for mozilla to malfunction.

This won't help.  I have to know what the reason is.

> before calling the services
> java_vm: error while loading shared libraries: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
> System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

What output is strace producing?

From the error message the change which pops in my mind is

2000-10-21  Ulrich Drepper  <drepper@redhat.com>

	* elf/dl-load.c (_dl_map_object_from_fd): Split out ELF file
	verification in open_verify.
	(open_verify): New function.  Called instead of open.  Ignores valid
	files for other architectures.
	(open_path): Call open_verify instead of open.
	(_dl_map_object): Likewise.
	Somewhat based on a patch by Don Dugger <n0ano@valinux.com>.

Look at the strace output and look with readelf at the file which it
tries to load.