Re: Versioning mess proved!!!

Hi,

>  Weak symbol handling is misdesigned (or better: cannot
> actually be done correctly).  User-level programs should not use it
> and since we haven't seen any complain about this there are hopefully
> no users.

Not that it actually matters very much but user level programs do use weak
symbol versioning.  For example the Java 3D code uses weak symbols to try to
work around the problem that some OpenGL libraries has specialized functions
that don't exist in every version of OpenGL (SGI only symbols/functions versus,
Sun versus, ...).

Kevin