Re: Bug in Glibc Regex

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Andreas Pour <pour@mieterra.com> writes:
>
> > The attached file outputs:
> >
> >   Matches:
> >           Position 11 - 17
>
> This what I see with glibc 2.1.3 and 2.1.93.

Really?  I don't get that.  Are you sure you used the second attachment
I sent (the first one was the one that does work with 2.1.3 -- the one
that doesn't has the line:

  const char *text = "{test}";

and this does not work with my glibc-2.1.3 (of course I am using
RedHat's version and perhaps they broke it, but I doubt it).

> Why don't you try a
> recent version before bothering others with an incredibly old version
> like 2.1.1?

If you would bother reading the bug report you would see that I did try
it with 2.1.3 and I only mentioned 2.1.1 b/c that version works as
expected; it's 2.1.3 that exhibits the problem.  I confess to not trying
it with 2.1.93, but if such a Herculean endeavor is the requirement for
submitting a bug report to the list then please just ignore my report.

Ciao,

Andreas Pour

http://www.kde.com/ :  Everything KDE
http://apps.kde.com/:  The Latest in KDE Applications