Re: glibc 2.1.92 tst-getdate failure on linuxppc

Hi,

My 2 cents only here:

But do we ever really want to be fiddling with bits inside signal handler
stack frames?  Given the race problems, problems with overwriting a user
signal handler even temporarily, and the dangerous precedent it sets in
general, I really don't think this is a good solution.

Why don't we simply explain the issues to Paul and Cort and get them to add
the proper syscall to do this from inside the kernel where the msr can be
played with in supervisor mode?

Are these check failures really that important to ppc that we can't let it
be broken for awhile longer until the kernel guys do something about it.

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks, Associate Professor of Operations and Information
Technology