Re: resolver with IPv6 transport support

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:28:24AM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> You are working from the current CVS sources aren't you?  The union is
> in resolv.h and the EXT macro is in res_send.c.  They were introduced
> in the last upgrade to BIND 8.2.3-T5B.

Sorry. I was still looking at an old version.

I have a new patch against current CVS, it's at
http://www.venaas.priv.no/ipv6/glibc-20000724-resolv-ipv6.diff

I'm now only touching the private part of __res_state and the memory
impact is only 28 bytes per nameserver. I'm using sockaddr_in6
instead of sockaddr_storage everywhere.

I'm also taking care of modifications to nsaddr_list and nscount.

Also, I'm only using IPv6 sockets if IPv6 nameservers are used.

All in all, I think I've taken care of the issues, or at least tried to.
There might be some bugs or something I've missed. The code is getting
ather ugly, but that's the prize for backwards compatibility. I hoped
to make a smaller patch, but it's hard.

Stig

--
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it holds the universe together ...