Re: Commented Open PRs

>>>>> Mark Kettenis writes:

Mark>    From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Mark>    Date: 13 Jul 2000 16:31:19 +0200

Mark>    I've gone through all open bug reports for glibc and closed some of
Mark>    them.  For the rest I've added some comments.  I've made a HTML page
Mark>    and uploaded the page to <http://www.suse.de/~aj/pr-summary.html>.

Mark> Thanks for doing this.

Mark>    Could you please look at the reports, send me your comments - and fix
Mark>    all open reports ;-) ?

>> From the web page:

Mark>    1638 libc     libc-2.1.2     Noncr    libc-gn$ open    doc-bug  David Madore    The O_NOLINK flag for open() is in the doc but not in headers

Mark>    How shall we name the Hurd? - the "GNU system" is confusing.

Mark> We cannot call Linux *the* GNU system since it has arbitrary limits :-).

Mark> But seriously, there are several places where the term is used
Mark> throughout the documentation.  We could of course be more specific in
Mark> those places (the GNU systems vs. a Hurd-based GNU system vs. a
Mark> Linux-based GNU system), but we could also say somewhere in the
Mark> introduction that not all features of *the* GNU system are present in a
Mark> Linux-based GNU system, and perhaps add an appendix describing the
Mark> different feautures of Linux.

Mark> I'm volunteering to write that short intro (which will of course be a
Mark> shameless plug for the Hurd :-)), and make a start with the
Mark> Linux-specific appendix, if people think this is a good idea.

Any change is a good idea;-).  Besides your suggestion, the only
alternative is to change the wording everywhere.  I suggest you go
ahead.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger