Re: sigsuspend() returns 111 on Alpha (repeatable, w/ source)

 > Hi All,
 > I have verified that the bug I described in the previous message repeats under
 > kernel version 2.3.99pre6 as well as 2.2.14 and 2.2.15.  Any advice on this
 > problem would be appreciated.  Am I at least asking the "correct" group?  Is
 > this a libc issue or is it a kernel issue?

It looks like a kernel bug.  glibc's sigsuspend code on alpha is found
in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/sigsuspend.S (appended).

Andreas

/* Copyright (C) 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.
   Contributed by David Mosberger <davidm@cs.arizona.edu>, 1995.

   The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
   modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
   published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
   License, or (at your option) any later version.

   The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
   Library General Public License for more details.

   You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
   License along with the GNU C Library; see the file COPYING.LIB.  If not,
   write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
   Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.  */

/* sigsuspend is a special syscall since it needs to dereference the
   sigset.  This will have to change when we have more than 64 signals.  */

#include <sysdep.h>

	.text

LEAF(__sigsuspend, 0)
#ifdef PROF