Re: compile glibc without most features

 > Hi,
 > is it possible to compile the GNU libc without most features, which
 > are nice for a workstation but unimportant for an embedded system?

 > For example I would like to compile glibc without name service
 > switching (only files) and without localization.

 > Is that possible?

In general yes, but I'm not aware of anybody who has done it. This
needs tweaking of the Makefiles and most probably also of some other
files.

If you change this, please send patches - some people are interested
in a smaller glibc for embedded systems or boot disks.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de