Re: StarOffice 5 :o(

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 pb@nexus.co.uk wrote:

> There's no point complaining to the glibc lists.  Address your
> comments to Star Division directly.  If they didn't use internal and
> unpublished glibc details the problem would not occur.

Thanks everyone who replied - I shall directly go to a sports store and
buy a baseball bat, and travel to Germany and *very* roughly insert said
baseball bat up the nearest orifice belonging to whoever decided that
StarOffice should be "tied" to glibc-2.0.7 (meaning I'm going to complain
in strongest possible terms)

The problem with StarOffice 5 is that the setup program just exits (no
messages, no nothing) when it is run. I might run ltrace on it to see what
it's trying to do (I bet it's seeing 2.1 and thinking it's not 2.0.7).

Cheers,
Alex
--
 /_/\  Legalise cannabis now!