Re: PR about glibc 2.1 with --enable-omitfp on i686

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 06:58:12PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> PR 956 reports a problem with i686 and -D__USE_STRING_INLINES which is
> enabled by default when using --enable-omitfp.  The problem occurs
> with egcs 1.1.1
>
> Has anybody successfully compiled glibc 2.1 on i686 with
> --enable-omitfp and egcs?  I just compiled on i486 with
> --enable-omitfp using egcs 1.1.1 and had no problems which leads me to
> ask especially for i686.  i686 uses sometimes different routines,
> e.g. string inlines, than i486.

It failed for me on this setup as well. It seems that the problem is
glibc-2.1-obj/elf/ld-linux.so.2 and not rpcgen. When the compile failed
I replaced ld-linux.so.2 with a working one (compiled earlier without
--enable-omitfp), touched it, and ran make again. The compile finished
fine. I've tried running a few programs with the resulting libc.so. No
problems so far. So it may look like it's just ld-linux.so that fails.

Stig

--
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it holds the universe together ...