getpwuid_r in nss_files always returning ENOENT

>Submitter-Id:  net
>Originator:    Benjamin Dauvergne
>
>Confidential:  no
>Synopsis:      problem with nss, especially the reentrant version
nss_files
>Severity:      non-critical
>Category:      libc
>Class:         sw-bug
>Release:       libc-2.0.111
>Environment:

Host type: i586-pc-linux-gnu
System: Linux cassis.gyptis.frmug.org 2.2.0 #1 mer jan 27 17:39:42
/usr/local/etc/localtime 1999
+i586 unknown
Architecture: i586

Addons: linuxthreads crypt

Build CC: gcc
Compiler version: egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release)
Kernel headers: 2.2.0
Symbol versioning: yes
Build static: yes
Build shared: yes
Build pic-default: no
Build profile: yes
Build omitfp: no
Build bounded: no
Build static-nss: no
Stdio: libio

        I have compiled the latest gtk(the CVS source) who used
        getpwuid_r, but it seems that it's not working.
        The message returned by testgtk is:
        GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No such file or  directory
        All other program( certainly using getpwuid() ) work well..
        I have tryed to use getpwuid_r() in a little test program and it seems
        that in all cases it returns ENOENT.
>How-To-Repeat:
        Compile gtk, run testgtk..
>Fix: