Re: 2.0.110: [/tmp/glibc/usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/Darwin] Illegal instruction

[Andreas Jaeger]
>  That's a bug in the vfork code.  The appended patch should fix this. ...

  That did it all right.  It looks good except it motivated me to update
a few programs.

  I really miss the sockaddr_union in <bits/sockunion.h>.  I don't follow
such things closely, but since it was commented as "somewhat evil" I'm
wondering if something has replaced it or if it was just purged to keep
the rest of glibc cleaner.

  NTP (xntp3-5.92 & xntp3-5.93e in particular) seem to be missing a few
bits that they were presumably getting from <linux/timex.h> (MAXTC in
particular).  I don't know exactly what triggered that since I've seen
(but not read) a lot of NTP-related messages on linux-kernel and I failed
to notice what change caused it to break.

  Anyway, off to beat on my IPv6 stuff that I ported to glibc's native
sockaddr_union and now are pining for it.  (:
								--- john