Re: GNU libio vs. GNU stdio.

> AFAIK it used to be possible to use GNU stdio together with the native
> stdio (with some appropriate glue).  This was necessary since GNU libc
> was intended to be a drop-in replacement for the native libc.  But
> this probably doesn't work anymore.

I guess it might be the original goal. But I don't see how you can
do it for all kinds of the native stdio implementations. I don't
think people will use glibc this way. At least, I will be very
reluctant to use glibc instead of libc on Solaris. On the other
hand, it may be a good idea to create a GNUBSD based on some xxxBSD
with glibc instead of its libc :-).

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)