Re: Linux vs. libio

    Ulrich> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:

    >> But, there's still a question remaining: are people with
    >> blanket write privs allowed to change libio/libstdc++ without
    >> your approval, or not?

    Ulrich> I certainly reserve all rights for the libio parts as I'm
    Ulrich> probably the only one who sees the whole picture (libio in
    Ulrich> libstdc++ and in glibc).  As for the rest of libstdc++,

I'm not going to tread on your turf.  Obviously, you feel very
strongly about this.  And, obviously, I'd consult you anyhow -- I
already did!

Still, neither you nor I can answer my procedural question. :-) It's a
steering committe issue: they (poor things!), not us, get to decide
these questions. :-)

    Ulrich> that there were enough tests in the first place).  Plus:
    Ulrich> the version in libstdc++ is not the latest one (i.e., not
    Ulrich> the development version).

But, it is the version we ship with the compiler.  So, it's the only
one we can easily update to work with the new ABI, at this point.
Obviously, at some point, we'll have to merge the changes -- that
happens anytime a subproject is shared between two others.

If you want to update the version of libio in the compiler, by all
means go ahead!