Re: Linux vs. libio

    Ulrich> Wait a minute, why do you think you can change libio?  If
    Ulrich> something has to be behave different there must be a
    Ulrich> different solution found.  You are not with the compiler,

We need a procedural clarification here.

I assumed that "blanket write privs" applied to everything you get
when you do a `cvs co egcs', which includes libio and libstdc++.

Obviously, making changes there, as with any part of the system,
requires care, and entails risk.  Just as I would not go willy-nilly
hacking around in the ARM back-end (which I know next to nothing
about), I would not go willy-nilly hacking about thinks in libio.
And, were I to change the ARM back-end, and were Richard Earnshaw to
tell me I had done so incorrectly, I would certainly defer to his
judgement.

But, there's still a question remaining: are people with blanket write
privs allowed to change libio/libstdc++ without your approval, or not?
And, for that matter, it appears that Gabriel Dos Reis is also listed
as a maintainer of "c++ runtime libs" as well, so may I assume that
even if approval is required, Gaby's approval is good enough?