Re: stropts.h

David Grothe <dave@gcom.com> writes:

> Currently LiS is using _STR_OPTS_H as its inclusion marker.  I propose to
> add "LIS_STROPTS_H".  I will change LiS stropts.h so that if STROPTS_H is
> defined it will skip the vast majority of its content.

Well, this must not have any effect.  If it does something is broken.

> You would then modify your stropts.h to test for LIS_STROPTS_H and
> not do anything if it is defined.

No, since this is wrong.

> This would at least keep the two files out of each other's way in case they
> both get included.

This never must happen since the files have hopefully the same name.

> However, because of the difference in the _values_ of constants, the user
> will not get the expected behavior unless he/she includes LiS's stropts.h --
> since those are the constants with which LiS itself was compiled.

Well, if there are difference use

	sysdeps/generic/bits/stropts.h

as a basis and modify constant values and definitions.

> Do you guys have any actual library routines for getmsg, putmsg, etc?

Yes, stubs which return errors.

> Maybe we should discuss providing you with the actual LiS library
> routines that issue system calls on Linux.  If LiS isn't loaded the
> system calls return proper error codes from the kernel.

If this does not involve much code than it's ok.  Also, this
implementation then must be th *only* STREAMS implementation.