Re: Help: Unwinding the C++ stack...throw, longjmp & threads

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 05:13:19PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Good point.  But, as you say, they're already building a special
> glibc.  I think that only C++/Ada/Java/etc. applications that use
> exception-handling would need the extra data; obviously, that's a
> pretty small set or glibc would *already* be built with -fexceptions.
>
> There may be systems on which glibc is used, but statically linked.
> There, I would see more of an issue, as every binary would grow.  (For
> example, this might be true if glibc were ported to a system without
> shared library support in binutils.)  But, I think we should cross
> that bridge when we come to it.

MIPS64 is such a system since gas cannot assemble 64 ABI PIC code.  The
second thing is that I'd like to use glibc for standalone programs
running directly on the firmware, ARC(S) or other, where shared libraries
are not really an option.

  Ralf