Re: glibc 2.1.2pre3

It's been rumoured that Ulrich Drepper said:

> linas@linas.org writes:
>
> > Is this a good time to incorporate this patch? I'm in no terrible hurry,
> > can wait for some indefinite future version.
>
> Try come up with a bit more than just a few files.  At some point I
> already took a patch from you can ever since completions with `i3' do
> not produce i386 anymore and this for no good reasons (the i370 code
> is not used).  Yes, this is a reason for me.

Ooops, sorry.  I was trying to follow the naming convention established
in gcc. i370=="instruction 370" a rather archaic name from 15+ years
back;  "esa390" might be more modern & appropriate, and if this is really
a problem, I can entertain the thought of moving everything (gcc,
binutils) to 'esa390'.  Better sooner than later.  Let me know.

--linas