Re: glibc 2.1.2pre2 compile failure on Alpha with gcc 2.95

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@beezer.med.miami.edu> writes:

> Any hints on this?  I'm assuming that the fact that it compiles fine with
> egcs 1.1.2 means that the gcc crew has altered a few things and made it
> impossible to do this now

Well, yeah, you cannot compile it in the moment.  But it is also wrong
that it work before.  The compiler simply generated wrong code without
warning.

We will hopefully soon have a working compiler with the underlying
(hard to fix) problem gone.  Meanwhile use egcs 1.1.2 for the
compilation and don't use the complex math functions (at least not the
complex float).