Re: resolv 8.2 : per-thread internal data

On 5 Aug 1999, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> "Adam D. Bradley" <artdodge@cs.bu.edu> writes:
>
> > but that would be a binary
> > interface change so I assume a patch doing so would be unacceptable for
> > 2.1.
>
> No, it's not incompatible.  The thread data structure is private and
> therefore can be changed.

Excellent.  Thank you.

> > Second, for an "acceptable" 2.1 patch,
>
> I will not integrate new code in 2.1.  Only bugs will be fixed in 2.1.

That's fine; if I can get it working, I intend to maintain a patch for the
sake of anyone who would find it useful (I'm aware of several individuals,
myself included, whose applications are being bottlenecked by the current
"fix").  But the less differentiation I need to do between 2.1 and 2.2,
the better...

Adam
--
Your lives aren't small, but    \ Adam Davenport Bradley,  Grad Student
you're living them in a small    \ Boston University   Computer Science

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your signature so I can spread!!