This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc2.1 not binary compatible with 2.0
- To: "Glenn W. Bach" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: glibc2.1 not binary compatible with 2.0
- From: Andreas Jaeger <email@example.com>
- Date: 07 Apr 1999 22:47:11 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Mail-Copies-To: never
- References: <199904072033.NAA26599@dodgson.caltech.edu>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
>>>>> Glenn W Bach writes:
> We are unable to get our programs working on the pre-release of RedHat 6.0,
> because glibc2.1 is not binary compatible with 2.0.
> Has this been seen already? Is there a fix?
> We have example fully-debugged 2.0 binaries that don't work with 2.1 if
> anyone is interested in seeing it.
Please explain exactly what you mean. We've resolved some (all?)
known incompatibilities but without further details, I can't say
Btw. did you read the glibc2.1 FAQ, especially:
2.27. What needs to be recompiled when upgrading from glibc 2.0 to glibc
Andreas Jaeger email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
for pgp-key finger email@example.com