Re: [Failure]compiling glibc on MKlinux

>   For what it's worth, I have the same problem with glibc-2.0.93
> ("init-first.os: No such file or directory") on i686-pc-linux-gnu.

Try the method described in Andreas' Jaeger's message "Comment on glibc
2.0.93":

- glibc 2.0.93 contains some patches to make the build process
  faster.  A lot of people complained that it takes too long to
  compile glibc and Zack finally managed to make some real
  improvements[1].  Sadly this broke one special case:  Building in
  the source directory.  We've always advocated to build glibc in an
  extra build directory:
>The `best' way to build glibc is to use an extra directory, e.g.:
>tar xzf libc-970921.tar.gz
>mkdir build-glibc
>cd build-glibc
>../libc-970921/configure ...
  This is how we build glibc and therefore should always work.  I'd
  advise everybody to use a build directory to build glibc -
  independent of the version.
___
Trevor Johnson