proposal: move Kawa from Subversion to git on gitlab.com

Now that Kawa 2.2 has been released, the focus of development will be in
the "invoke" branch.  That can't be merged into the trunk yet because it requires
MethodHandles, so it does not work on Java 5, Java 6, or (more importantly) Android.
(I'm considering how best to handle platforms without MethodHandles, but nothing
has been decided or coded yet.)

So it will be easier if we're using something that handles branches better than Subversion.

We talked about moving to Git, and I think that makes sense.  The idea would be to
switch to Git, and then immediately make a quick Kawa 2.3 release.

There are multiple host options, though:

* GitHub - not as Free Software-friendly; FSF disapproved.
* Savannah - not a lot of functionality; run by (too few) volunteers.
* Pagure (from RedHat) - too new, too small.
* Self-host (either GitLab CE or Gogs) - better branding using own
  domain name (maybe git.kawa-lang.org), but not worth the extra work.

That leaves GitLab as the most plausible candidate.  What do people
think about that?

This would only affect version control and (presumably the issue tracker.
The website, the ftp site, and the mailing list are separate issues.